Saturday, May 28, 2011

I'm Back!

I am back and ready to rock and roll. This week was by no means easy, but I worked through some stuff and my motivation is back. I went out of my way and asked my trainer for help. Definitely scary to ask for help, but it is something I needed to do and still need to work on. It is amazing how many people are willing to help you accomplish your goals...all you need to do is ASK! I still haven't weighed myself, nor have I been strict with my diet, but I am ok with that. I am going to weigh myself again on Monday June 6 and then every Monday after that. Bekah and I will also be taking measurements and pictures on that day so we can start to see progress that is not related to a 3 digit number. I will get my body fat tested again the first week of July and hopefully will see a decrease in that area as well! :)
My friend Lelia suggested I look at the Art of Posing DVD by Tanji Johnson to get started on the basics...so I went and ordered the DVD. My trainer figured I would be fine to learn the poses closer to the competition, but I wanted to get started now. I think it will be good motivation to pop in my DVD whenever I am having a tough moment and practice posing. After all, practice makes perfect, right? I have already started practicing the front pose...boy, do I have a lot of work to do on my lats!!!
As for the diet, I have a few days left on the current diet Yolanda put me on...and then it is time to get stricter! Yikes! :) Bekah and I are challenging ourselves to a week of ABSOLUTELY NO SUGAR (including fruit) in hopes to shock our bodies a bit. Strictly protein and veggies! Should be a tough week...and warning, I might be a little bitchy! At least none of you will be around me to experience this! :)
I figured out my workout plan for June and will give you more details on that tomorrow. But I must say, I am FALLING IN LOVE with the stairmaster! I did 30 minutes on it both yesterday and today! (Don't worry though, I did another 60 minutes of cardio after for a total of 90 minutes) I am extremely proud because I have never done 30 minutes without stopping...GO ME! :) Time to go to Bekah's for a little fun and relaxation! I will post again tomorrow...PROMISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment